Monday, December 5, 2011

Lights, Camera...Christmas Tree! :)

This past weekend we did a little Christmas decorating around the house and let's just say it was a hit with Blakely! :)  Christmas decorating has been a HUGE tradition for my family since I can remember. This tradition was even a big hit with my friends in high school...we would spend an entire day helping my family transform our house into Christmas heaven! Well, now that we have a daughter, we must begin our own traditions and even though we may not have near the amount of decorations as my family, here are a few pics of Blakely's first year of Christmas decorating! (I think we would make The Owens fam proud! ;) )

Uuuu...what is this?

Whatever it is...it's better in the mouth!

Love me some Christmas lights :)

Helping Dad put the tree together :) 
Finished product...pretty sure my grandaddy would be proud of my wrapping of the lights around the tree!


We also had the chance to hang out with some really great friends from college this past weekend! All three couples have children now and even though sweet Kypton just hung out/slept in his MamaRoo, it was really fun to see the other kids play together even at the ages of 4 and 7 months. Prior to the get together, Ross and I spent our Friday night using our creative juices and made our friends their Christmas gifts...not sure our products are as great as our ideas... ;)
I want to help with the crafts!



Idea inspired by Kelsey's Christmas gifts to Kare and me. :)


Now that B is 7 months old (blows my mind when I say/type this still...), she is allowed to have three meals a day and let's just say she is in heaven! I'm still trying to find ways of switching foods up for her since the baby food goes bad in 2-3 days, but I don't think she complains too much when she has carrots for 3 days straight...haha! :)

If I eat anymore carrots, I'm gonna turn orange!

Yeah, that's right! Drinking from the sippy cup all by myself!

Well, I think that is about it from The Reth home. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great start to the new week! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment