Monday, December 19, 2011

Waffles, Cinnamon bread, and...Chinese food??

Let's just say finding things for Miss Blakely to eat when we're not at home (aka grandparents' homes) has become quite the adventure! Blakely loves it because she gets to eat things I, as a first time mom, would have never known she could have!

For example, I gave Blakely her Saltine cracker in hopes to satisfy her while my family and I ate our Hy-Chi (my family uses this term for chinese food from Hy-vee :) ) dinner. Well, as I went to get her another cracker I heard the whole family yell, "OHHHH!!!" and NOT to my surprise, I saw my ambitious and always hungry daughter grab a handful of Mongolian Beef and Chicken Lo Mein off my plate! Thank goodness she didn't grab the Angry Chicken... Of course, Nini (my mom) felt bad for her granddaughter so what does she do? Give her a piece of cinnamon bread. :)

In addition to finding foods that Blakely will eat, we have had to experiment with the way she sits in her high chair... Is it possible for a 7 month old to be Claustrophobic?? She hates being buckled in, the tray on or any  type of restraint. This weekend we seemed to find out that B simply wanted to be apart of the dinner table action by having her chair pulled close to the table. Needless to say she ate everything we offered her. ;)

Mom, Dad, you finally realized I just wanted to be apart of the action...next, don't be so slow!

Yeah, that's right, I love to eat!

This weekend we also spent time in Winterset celebrating the Johnson (Ross's mom's) side Christmas. It was a blast! Blakely danced with her cousin, Ellsyn and Papa (Ross's dad), played and read books with her other cousin, Shaddy and even made a video with her Uncle D of her laughing at the noises he made with the puppet on his hands. :) I think Blakes will enjoy seeing them all again in just a few days for Christmas eve!

Before we left for this weekend, Ross spent some time cleaning out different rooms in the house. Yes, he's the organizer and cleaner in the marriage. ;) He created a pile of Blakely's stuff she no longer can use... So goodbye swing Blakely would only sleep in, nowhere else, from newborn to 3 months of age, goodbye play mat, Blakely laid in while I mowed the yard for the first time after pregnancy this summer, and goodbye bouncing seat Blakely would relax in while I tried to do various things around the house. :)  



Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is enjoying the week before Christmas! We will be spending this week enjoying no classes/homework and Uncle Taylor coming home on Wednesday! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment