Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So much to be thankful for :)

We are so blessed to have both sides of the family close, especially when holidays roll around. :) I kept joking with my mom that I believe this Thanksgiving's food goes down in the record book because it was absolutely delicious!

Getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner :)

Blakely wearing her grandaddy's hat :)

Thanksgiving table

Thanksgiving meal- minus the sides ;)

After spending a few days with the Owens', we headed to Winterset for the Rethmeier's Thanksgiving/Christmas. Since Aunt Kelsey and Uncle Nick are not able to come back for Christmas, the siblings and children exchanged gifts this past week. This year we all had a limit on gifts...they either had to be homemade, used, or under $10. I'm must be honest in saying this limit completely stressed me out throughout the year, but all of the gifts turned out to be awesome! It has really motivated me to try more DIY projects and crafts. :)


B enjoying her first Thanksgiving/Christmas :)

We were also very blessed to have my dear friend, Susan take our family pics over the weekend. (If any one needs a photographer, let me know because she's super fun and provides a really comfortable atmosphere!) I was a little worried which one to put on here because we're not sure which one to use for our Christmas card, but I just love them and couldn't resist. :)



Blakely and Ross also had the chance of meeting my Aunt Karen and Uncle Wren from Texas. They drove up on Saturday to stay with my parents. It was so nice seeing them...there are so many times I wish we made it down to Texas more often! :)


Well, I need to go finish a pretty large stack of homework, but before I go I thought I would share what I the young pastor who spoke at church this past Sunday suggested. We, I especially, sometimes ask God for so many things and when He provides we often times forget to thank/give Him the glory, except at Thanksgiving time. The pastor encouraged the congregation to live by this simple rule all year round....ask/pray to God, enjoy His blessings, and always thank Him for his mercy and goodness. So here are just a few things I am so very thankful for: :)

God's goodness
My marriage to Rossy
Our daughter (and having a safe delivery!)
Our family and friends
Our country (freedom)
and....Diet Dr. Pepper!! :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. I love the family pictures! Happy Thanksgiving! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have so much to be thankful for...and that's one of my favorite pics. XOXO

    ReplyDelete