Monday, November 21, 2011

Blessings :)

I just love weekends even though I was completely off when it came to my dates! I thought Sunday was the 18th, so of course I missed my best little (well he's not sooo little anymore ;) ) guy, Jack Shisler's, birthday party. However, we got to stop by yesterday and see him when Ross and I went on our "date". :)

My parents watched Blakes while Ross and I did a little shopping and stopped by the Shisler's house. It's so weird when Blakes is not with us, but it was nice to spend some quality time with my husband. :)

When we got back to my parent's house Blakely decided to eat a whole bowl of oatmeal, which meant she ate a whole jar of sweet potatoes and a whole bowl of oatmeal for the first time yesterday! I have to admit it is less stressful when she actually eats the food and doesn't just spit it everywhere. :)

I know my weekend timeline is kind of back words but I wanted to include that Kypton came on Saturday!! He is absolutely adorable! I am so proud of my best friend, Hollie and her husband, Dan...they're great parents!  We got to see him twice over the weekend and I even got to feed him last night. :)  Hollie asked me if I was ready for a second one, and I have to admit Kypton makes it awfully tempting...but for now, I just love enjoying my time with Blakes! ;)

Well, Thanksgiving is coming up and I am so very excited! On Wednesday we will head to my parent's and spend two days there, then head to Winterset to see all of the Rethmeier's/Livingston's/Mulder's. That's right they will all be there! :)  I told a friend yesterday that I can't believe Blakely will be celebrating her first Thanksgiving this week and before we know it Christmas! :) 

Okay, I know this is a weird way to end a blog but...for you mother's out there...how much would you spend on a super cute pair of Jeggings (jeans/leggings) for a 6 month old?? I broke down and bought a pair for Blakes and let's just say I spent more on them then I usually do on Rossy's jeans. :)  And does anyone know of place where I can get a cute pair for cheap!? 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!




3 comments:

  1. I have a couple of pairs of jeggings for Melaney from Children's Place. They were ultra cheap!

    I think spending a little more on some items is totally fun and totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gap outlet 4 ells...$10 I think....also tjmax has 2 packs of them and they were cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Terra and Kare, I decided to keep them because I left out that I used a gift card at GAP for them and I really want her to wear them for our Christmas pics we're taking this Sunday, but Ross and I did discuss going to the outlet after Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete