Monday, April 9, 2012

Move #1 Complete :)

Who would have thought the room covered in N*SYNC (mostly Justin Timberlake) posters, pics of middle and high school memories, American Girl dolls, and so much more that I so dearly loved as a child/adolescent/teenager/college girl would be transformed into the room my daughter will be spending the next two months??  (I would have pictures of this but of course, our camera is still in the desk drawer that is packed in the back of our storage unit. :) )

And to add to the story...the room my brothers spent the majority of their childhood in would be our new location for the next two months?? Crazy and somewhat creepy for me to think about it ;) In any event, we are sooo thankful for being here and for all that our families have done for us!!

We decided to move in to my parents' house a week earlier than planned, which meant one crazy weekend of packing and moving things into storage for Ross's parents, Ross, B, and I. (I don't suggest anyone, including ourselves, to ever do it! ;) ) However, it has been a blast being back in my parents' house. Blakely has enjoyed the extra time with her Nini, Grand daddy, and uncles. I am pretty sure Blakely has said, "woof woof" and "yeah yeah" a hundred times a day from her uncles asking her to! :)

Blakely's first Easter was great! We spent the weekend with both sides of the family, which included seeing all of the cousins on the Rethmeier side, and yes, even our new cousin/nephew Sage was there! :) Blakely experienced her first Easter egg hunt at Frama and Papa's house, dying of Easter eggs at her Nini and Grand daddy's, and Good Friday and Easter Services at HOPE even though we spent the majority of the time in the family room. ;)

Similar to Christmas, this Easter had a new meaning for this first time mom. During one of the services, Pastor Mike showed the scene from the Passion where Mother Mary longed to protect her son from the beatings Jesus received while carrying his cross. I have to be honest, I cried (surprise, surprise :) ) but I also realized how thankful I am for Christ and for the blessings in my life! 

We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend and I will hopefully have some pics of all the "newness" soon!

MUCH LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment