Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Parents = Entertainers :)

It's been a while since our last post and it's probably due to the fact that I have started classes, sickness, hunting weekends, and hanging out with friends and family.  I don't realize how busy we are until I write everything out on here or in my journal! :)

In a previous post, I mentioned Blakely's desire to eat Hy-chi when she grabbed for my plate at the dinner table. Well, last night, she finally experienced her first sample of sesame chicken (without the fried, fluffy outside...just the inside), rice, broccoli, and peas...she loved it! I wish we could have gotten a few pics, but of course, I forgot the camera and didn't want to cause a scene in Hy-vee since we ate there. However, after dinner, she also experienced her first taste of Twizzlers since her daddy and Nini allowed her chew one theirs. Pics can be seen on Facebook. Even though I may not approve, it was really fun to watch her experience new things...she's really growing up! 

I feel as though we come to "developmental stage" obstacles in B's life when we have to find new ways to entertain her. I don't know if it's a reflection on us but she seems to get bored an awful lot! So of course I went on Pinterest and Parents.com to find fun ideas for games/activities to do with an 8, soon to be 9, month old. Today's activity was allowing her to feed herself and even though she seemed extremely uninterested, I got a few fun pics of her at the table. :)

I love to eat, but why feed myself when I know mom will do it for me? :) 

Yeah, that's right I know how to work the system! :)  (I just love her!)

That's not funny, give me another bite! (Can anyone tell that this soon-to-be 9 month old is wearing 18-24 month clothes in this pic??)
Tomorrow we are going to try "food finger painting"...hopefully, I will get some crazy pics of her doing it! My mom also told me about baby story time at the library, so I think we're going to go with my best friend and her son next week...we'll see how that goes because again, B gets bored very quickly and I'm not sure if the library setting is the best for her! :)

I'm still waiting for my textbooks to arrive, but once they do I'm afraid my time to blog will decrease even more, but I am hoping I will do a decent job of time management and continue to blog. :) Much love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment