Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Some firsts :)

Last weekend we spent time in Winterset hanging out with the whole fam, and yes, Aunt Kelsey, Uncle Nick and baby Shaye were there! :) Blakely got the chance to sled for the first time with her cousins and she had a blast! (In all honesty though, I think I had more fun watching her and taking her down on the sled. ;)) I forgot my camera of course, but Aunt Kare took plenty of pics and once I get them, I will post them! (Nevermind, I actually just stole some from her blog ;) )




Blakely also got to eat Strawberries and grapes with the skins, but didn't like either of them. :( So back to peeling the skins off of grapes! Another first was for Ross and I...We had to "discipline" Blakes for the first time by saying the word, "No". She has figured out that if she drops food on the floor, Tankie will come and eat it. Everytime he jumps on her chair for more, she laughs hysterically, so of course, what does she do...give him more food! When we first said, NO, to this she laughed and then when she saw our serious faces she detected something wasn't right and began to cry. I'm not gonna lie, its super hard to keep a straight face when she bats those beautiful blue eyes, but Ross and I know we must be consistent!

I received my weekly Parent.com email that suggests new things to do with children and this week the email said that Blakely could mimic coloring so what did we do? We got the good ole Crayolas out and started to color and to my surprise, she did mimic me coloring! I'm not sure if we detect at this age if she will be a lefty or righty, but I have to say, she picked up the paper and crayons with her left hand an awful lot. Her daddy will be one proud daddy if she is a lefty... ;)







Another first, more of a cute, silly first, happened when Blakely woke up from a nap with her hood on her head. :) She wasn't happy that I was taking her pic, calling her a boxer and not getting her out of the crib, but she was still cute nonetheless.



Finally, Blakes has started standing on her own and getting onto all fours. So we are really excited to see her crawl and walk anytime now! Can't believe this day has come! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment