Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Movin' and a groovin' :)

Blakely has always been a busy bee and desired to be held/moved. So we were not surprised when we had  to lower Blakely's crib the other night. I heard Ross say, "Well, hey there little lady, how did you learn to sit up in your crib?"

Of course, she doesn't sit up anywhere else, no matter how much we encourage her. She has also been sleeping through the night and one would think this would allow her parents to get some much needed sleep? Nope! Instead of needing to eat every three to four hours, she sits up and talks to herself or plays with her binkie every one to two hours. What boggles my mind, is she doesn't seem to be one bit tired when we finally get up in the morning!

Well this afternoon I could tell she needed a nap and this is what I walked in and saw after I had laid her down....




Do I really need a nap? There's so much I could be doing instead! :)
When I went back into her room and laid her back down, before I left the room, I heard this little giggle and when I turned around this is what I saw (she's one quick little chickadee!)...

You're gonna have to try alot harder than that, Mom, to get me to sleep. ;)

Not quite sure what we're going to do about helping her stay horizontal...I'm open to any suggestions! Don't get me wrong, I am thankful to see her learning how to move and I think it's absolutely the most wonderful and adorable sound to hear her chatter, but I know a good night's rest would do not only her but her parents a ton of good! :) 

1 comment:

  1. such a fun tun time!!! When Melaney started rolling over at 3 1/2 months, she would.not.sleep. I think it is just a phase: every phase has a beginning....and an end. Sometimes you look forward to the end, and sometimes not! She will get bored of it soon.

    ReplyDelete